We asked Nikki Richardson Training & Operations Controller for one of our locations to give us a run through on The LGV Training Companies Recruitment course they offer that includes CPC training.
A typical week at a Direct Access course held at one of our locations.
- Mondays Modules – Driving Skills, Safe and Fuel efficient driving and Customer Service
- Tuesdays Modules – Tachographs (Analogue) WTD, Drivers Hours, Health & Wellbeing
- Wednesdays Modules – Tachographs (Digital), Preventing illegal immigrants/packages, Vehicle safety
- Thursdays Modules – Daily walk round checks, defect reporting and safe loading
- Fridays modules – Professional driver, company issues, health & safety and emergencies
On your first day, you should arrive at our location in Chobham for 08:15 am, the course begins at 08:30 am so this will give you the chance to grab a coffee and choose a seat. Unlike other Periodic training courses, we don’t focus on one module for the entire day. We spend 1 hour on 1 module – this keeps you engaged in the topic at hand and also makes the day a lot more enjoyable for those attending.
Before you get started your instructor will welcome you all to the course, go through the introduction and objections of the course, the timetable and a quick health and safety briefing.
Each day varies but you can expect presentations covering topics such as driver hours, fuel efficiency and the working time directive. There will be videos played showing you how to safely manually handle objects during your working day as an HGV driver. Do bring a notepad and pen with you for this course.
Don’t worry, you get breaks throughout the day and a free supply of coffee & tea (your instructor may even have biscuits stored away somewhere too! (hurrah!)