Start transporting your own horses
Call free: 0800 0744 007
Lines open Mon – Thu: 9am - 7pm, Fri: 9am - 5.30pm
Driving your horsebox yourself is often the cheapest way to transport your horses, and it’s easier than you think.
You can train to gain your horsebox licence in just four days, and you only need to be 18 years old to do it. Give us a call and we’ll talk you through the course and the relevant legislation. We’re here to help!
- An exasperated parent, fondly remembering the weekends you didn’t spend transporting your child and four-legged companion to Equestrian Events?
- A busy Rider, who needs the freedom that comes with transporting your own horses?
- A Horsebox owner who wants to save money by driving your box yourself?
- A Trailer owner who is sick of leaving expensive tack on the side of the road due to weight restrictions and looking to get a bigger Horsebox?
- An Owner-driver who wants to upgrade your licence to carry more horses, and increase your earnings?
Horsebox Training is cheaper and easier than you think. We a wealth of experience in helping learners from the Equestrian Community achieve the licence they need. Our expert Training Advisors are on hand to make sure you’re on the right side of the law.
We also offer a dedicated Horse Transportation Course. In association with Equine Distance Learning, we’ll give you the skills and the confidence to transport your horse safely.
This course is a Category C1 driving licence. The Category C1 licence enables holders to drive any horsebox with a maximum authorized mass (MAM) of between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes. This is what most people use for transporting larger horses, and multiple horses, around the country.
Non-commercial Horsebox Driver Training (Category C1 licence) is for drivers aged 18 or over, who passed their car driving test on or after 1st January 1997, and wish to transport their own horse.
- Transport your own horses without retraining on a larger vehicle
- Learn how to load, transport and unload live animals
- Learn how to drive responsibly with horses aboard
- Know when to take appropriate breaks
- Be aware of the health & safety issues you might face along the way
- Horsebox trailers towed by a car or small van
- Rigid horsebox vehicles
I'd like to really thank these guys for helping me through my Class 2 course from start to finish. Excellent communication and great to chat with, not boring or just wanting money, they actually want to help you in every way possible from getting your medical, theory, CPC and the practical test. Investing in them will benefit you in so many ways and I am glad I picked them. Thank you to the 3 members of staff who was assigned to me during the last several months and offered additional recruitment help. See you on the road!
We’ll send you a training pack with everything you need to get started.
Register your details and an advisor will be in touch to discuss your training requirements.
We’ll help you arrange a health check with your local GP. It only takes 5 minutes, so no need to worry.
To help you prepare for your test, we offer a huge range of online learning materials and 1:1 support from our advisors.
A training advisor will contact you to schedule a convenient time to train. Once you begin, our experienced instructors will spend 4 days providing all the preparation you need to pass your practical test.
After passing your practical test (congratulations!), take your Driver CPC Initial Qualification (if applicable) and attend your two-day Direct Access work skills course. We have a great job search team available when you are ready to apply for LGV jobs in your area!
Our recruitment team can help write you a job-winning CV.
Get free, impartial advice on potential employers and career development.
We’ll regularly keep you posted with our top picks for you by email.
- 4.5 star customer reviews
- 92 training centres nationwide
- Highest pass rates in the UK
Speak to an experienced advisor from 9am - 7pm (Mon - Thu), 9am - 5.30pm (Fri)