Women in Logistics UK is a non profit group made up of over 2,000 women and men from the logistics sector.
The group was set up in 2008 to support the careers of women in the logistics field.
Its main aims are to
- Increase the number of women in the sector
- Improve life for those women already working in logistics
- Address the gender imbalance issue
- Provide networking events for members
- Offer support and mentoring
- Provide advice and encouragement to those in the industry
- Give personal development and support for members through planned activities
- Showcase the achievements of role-model women
The group is free to join, and is open to anyone interested in the logistics sector who is supportive of their aims.
The group runs completely on a volunteer basis and periodically organise events which are usually free to attend, really good fun and provide great networking opportunities.