Finding your way into a new career is notoriously difficult and getting your foot in the door can be a huge obstacle. HGV driving is, understandably, a hugely popular career due to the flexibility of the hours and the earning potential it offers so getting into this career can seem somewhat daunting.
Here at The LGV Training Company we’ve been in the business of helping our customers get started as drivers for years and we’ve got some great tips to help you too:
1. Always invest in the best possible training. Many training companies will train you to pass your test but that’s not good enough; your training should result in you becoming a confident and above all, safe driver.
2. Get your CV right. Make sure that you’re showing yourself in the best possible light and ensure that there are no spelling mistakes in sight! Getting a professional to look over your CV is also a good idea if you’re unsure.
3. Apply and keep applying! The more roles that you apply for, the more likely you are to land one. Applying for jobs can be demoralising but don’t give up; everyone’s got to start somewhere!
4. Apply with your CV rather than through online forms if you can. An online form doesn’t give you the chance to properly show why you’re the best person for the job.
5. Don’t be picky to begin with. It’s very rare that people land their dream job immediately so be prepared to start off in a role that’s not quite what you were looking for. Once you’ve got the experience that a lot of employers are looking for, you can find your way into a better role.
Here at The LGV Training Company we do everything we can to help you get started in your new career and our years of experience have made us very good at it!
As we said, you need to start with great training and that’s what you’ll find at The LGV Training Company. If you would like more information about our training services then feel free to browse our website and take a look at our customer reviews!