Everyone has their own views on safe driving and the habits of others on the road but as a prospective HGV driver, it’s important that you keep safety in mind at all times. Here at The LGV Training Company we specialise in the provision of comprehensive HGV training to ensure that you become a safe and confident driver.
Our expert team have a wealth of experience and years of industry knowledge so you know you’re in safe hands when you come to us. We have countless tips and hints to become a safe driver and we’re here to share!
The 2 Second Rule:
It’s important to leave plenty of space while driving behind another vehicle to ensure that you have adequate time to stop if another vehicle should stop suddenly.
The 2 second rule will help you know if you’re too close to another vehicle.
– As you’re driving, choose a prominent feature in the road ahead
– As soon as the vehicle in front passes this feature say the sentence:
“Only a fool breaks the two second rule”
– You should have enough time to say the entire sentence at a steady speed before passing the chosen feature yourself
– If you have passed the feature in your vehicle before being able to complete the sentence then you are driving too close to the vehicle in front.
– Slow down and try the same technique again until you have left enough space to be driving safely
– Leaving enough space behind a vehicle is absolutely essential and is the key to safe driving.
Here at The LGV Training Company we have plenty more tips to share with you that will help you on your way to becoming a competent HGV driver. For more information about our training packages, please visit our website or contact us directly on 0800 0744 007 if you have any questions.